Saturday 13 October 2012

Pancake party / Crêpes party


A big thank you to Chéri for this impromptu pancake party! This nifty Tefal pancake device comes with a little spatula for flipping the pancakes (Chéri's job) and a roller for smoothing them out into perfect circles (my job). It also doubles as a raclette machine (a french winter dish of potatoes, sliced meats and gherkins with melted cheese poured over.) 

We had savoury pancakes to start with ham, cheese, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes with basil and a dollop of crème fraîche. Delicious! Then came the dessert pancakes: lemon and sugar (classic), rhubarb jam (seasonal) and chocolate/banana (my favourite). 

We can't wait to try this again with friends. Pancakes, anyone?


1 comment:

  1. Oh Em Gee! This is yet another reason to come visit ASAP! I have never seen such a thing. The melty cheese thing sounds amazing - if I come visit will you make it for me (minus the sliced meat)?xxx

    ReplyDelete