Wednesday 3 October 2012

Little fishes / Petits poissons

I have always loved living close to the sea. There is something so calming about going and looking out at the waves and I love the smell of sea air. When I'm feeling homesick (those of you who read this blog will have guessed, that happens a lot!), I drive out to La Tremblade to look out at the Atlantic Ocean and its infinite blueness.

The other good thing about living close to the coast is the fish. I love meat in all its forms but I am also a huge fan of seafood. Oysters, prawns, cockles, clams, mussels: I'd eat them every day!

Cheri is a little more reticent, however, when it comes to our fishy friends. I think being brought up on the bland steamed white haddock that Belle-Maman loves may have put him off a bit! So it's up to this persistant gourmande to get him loving the taste of the sea...

Recette: Smoked salmon served with steamed garden potatoes, crème fraîche and salmon roe. Serves 2 as a main course.



You will need: a small packet of smoked salmon, 3 large potatoes, a tub of crème fraîche, a jar of salmon roe and some sprigs of dill to decorate. 

Scrub the potatoes and steam them until soft. Cut in half and pose 3 halves on each plate. Top with a spoonful of crème fraîche and the salmon roe. Divide the smoked salmon between the plates and add a few sprigs of dill as decoration. Easy!

A light, quick and easy lunch that will conquer even the most ardent fish-haters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment