Thursday 17 January 2013

No place like home / La maison comme nulle part ailleurs

Sunday, apart from being cold and rainy, was the occasion to celebrate my 24th birthday. I would have happily stopped at 21 but apparently this isn't (yet) possible so I am going to have to keep getting older! 

Thanks to all of my lovely family and friends who sent cards, presents and general well-wishes. It made me feel very blessed to have all of you in my life. 

Highlight of the cards had to be the one sent by my beautiful little sister, where she informed my in very neat joined-up handwriting that she loves me 'very very very so so so very very much'. 

As living in different countries means I don't see my siblings very much, I try and make the most of every moment we have togther. Now my little sis is getting older, she has started helping out her Mum in the kitchen and a recent trip back home was the perfect time to show me her mean crostini-making skills.


After cutting out little flower shapes from sliced bread using a cookie cutter, sis got to work brushing them with chilli oil. Pop them into a hot oven (I did this bit to avoid any burns!) and a few minutes later you have delicious crostini bites, perfect with rillettes or houmous. 

Can't wait to see what she's going to impress me with next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment